How To: Virtual March
The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons has reached its 50th ratification, a landmark moment on the path to a world without nuclear weapons! On 22 January 2021 the treaty will enter into force, entrenching the illegality of nuclear weapons in international law.
JOIN THE VIRTUAL MARCH:
In the period between the 50th ratification and the entry-into-force of the treaty, we invite you to take action! We can’t gather in big numbers, but there’s another way to show your face. Photos!
By organising a quick photograph and uploading it to social media, you can help share the good news that the treaty is here to stay! Send us your photos (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the virtual march which is now rolling on the front page of our website. We will also share them with our missing-in-action Government when the treaty enters into force.
1. Print out one of the A3 posters below, or make your own.
2. Take a picture!
3. Upload your picture to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and:
- Write a post about why you want Australia to ratify the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
- Use the hashtags #NoExcuseForNukes and #NuclearBan
- Tag Prime Minister Scott Morrisson, Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese and @ICAN_Australia
- Remember to set your post to ‘public’
- Optional: ‘check-in’ to add your location
The #nuclearban treaty will soon enter into force. @ScottMorrisonMP, you’re on notice. We won’t stop fighting until Australia gets on the right side of history and joins the ban! There is #NoExcuseForNukes.
Congratulations to every nation that has joined the Treaty. Now it is Australia’s turn. We call on you @ScottMorrisonMP @AlboMP to join us up to the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, There is #NoExcuseForNukes!
Things to remember:
- If your post is not public, only your friends will be able to see it.
- Use the hashtags so that we can easily find your posts online.
- Share this guide in the ‘comments’ section of your post and invite other people to join the fray.
- You can even do it on Zoom! For example: